Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New Hampshire


This New Hampshire flag design I came up with doesn't seem very comfortable to me. The red, white, and blue represent the United States. The blue triangle on the fly end resembles the shape of New Hampshire. The triangle being on the right represents New Hampshire being on the far east side of the United States (and I'm not counting Alaska, if you know what I mean). The one five-pointed star represents New Hampshire being the first state to ratify the Constitution of the United States. The five-pointed star also represents the United States. But my problem with this flag design is that the blue triangle could get worn off by the wind, and it seems a little bit boring, especially with the triangle being worn off.
But it's better than the current New Hampshire flag, which has the state seal of a field of blue. See the problem?

No comments: