Friday, August 3, 2007

Newham, England


This flag design for Newham, London, England, was designed to replace Newham's current flag, which looks like a logo, and it has gradients and lettering. I used the curved stripe from their current flag, which represent the river Thames, but made it simpler and stretched it across the entire flag. Since Newham is part of London, I used the sword from London's flag andchanged it white. The red and white represent England and the United Kingdom.
The bad part is, when it is not on a flagpole, it reminds me of a cola logo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe put the sword in the uppoer hoist? That's the "honor point" and would be visible if the flag were hanging from a vertical pole indoors.....

FlagFreak said...

Good idea! I tried that, but it was hard to see the sword when it was like that, and I wanted the sword to be as large as possible. But that is a good idea. Thanks!

Andrew said...

Since Newham is in the East End of London and north of the river, I'd experiment with moving the white "Coke stripe" down and having the sword above the river. Maybe even horizontally, with the tip of the sword marking Newham's location?

No, now I'm getting carried away.

FlagFreak said...

No, not at all! I'll have to try something like that soon. Thanks!
(btw im just bout 2 put yur 2 Dzinz from dis site i found ;-)