Thursday, November 22, 2007

United States Thanksgiving Day


Sorry if I'm not updating this blog anymore. I'm so busy with this and this and this and this and this. But, since this is a holiday in the United States, I decided to design a flag for the holiday, Thanksgiving Day.
The red, white, and blue are from the flags of the United States, the Protestants, and the United Kingdom. The cross represents the reason why the Puritans and Separatists (Pilgrims) came to America from England: to worship God in their own way. I have no idea why I chose white as the background, but I think it looks nice.
Why no turkey? Well, don't you think a flag would look stupid with a turkey on it? What about other foods? Well, I just didn't include any food on the flag because I didn't want it to get messy. LOL just kidding. I don't think food is a good symbol to put on a flag, and if you include one food, you pretty much have to include all of the food commonly associated with Thanksgiving in the United States. But you can use this flag as a tablecloth if it's big enough; that way, you can "put food on it". ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is impressive, and I like the idea of it symbolizing worshiping God according to their own conscience, and giving thanks to Him, also.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Would you be interested in a flag design for Canada Thanksgiving Day?

Anonymous said...

You cant use a flag design like that, thats style of flag with a cross like that is reserved for Scandinavian countries.